Luke 1.76 – 79: 76And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; 77To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, 78Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, 79To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
1. Adam and Eve fell because of disobedience to God’s word. (Genesis 3.6)
2. All the pain and suffering that followed Adam and Eve’s fall, including Hell, is history. (Or would you prefer Adam & Eve not to have fallen? 2 Esdras 7:46)
3. Jesus came to show us the way of peace – obedience to God – (John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments) - now and in eternity, but we are ignoring same. (There can be no divorce from God in eternal life!)
4. Now Jesus is teaching us that we will suffer if we ignore God’s word.
5. God says to husbands – love your wives (Colossians 3:19), love meaning work for / care for / look after your wives, not divorce them (jettison the weak) when the going gets tough!
6. God says to wives – submit to your husbands (Colossians 3:18), knowing that in any standoff during the course of marriage, someone – in this case the wife – has to back down in order to defuse the situation and prevent it spiralling out of control.
7. Now add to this mix the woman’s curse: Genesis 3.16b … thy desire[as in Genesis 4.6b … sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him]shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee – and you have a recipe for disaster
8. The chief cause of disobedience of God is doubting that the Old King James Bible 1611 Printing including the Apocrypha is God’s word! (Genesis 3.1 …Yea, hath God said …)
9. God is a rewarder (Hebrews 11.6) of them who diligently seek and do his will. Apply the principle of success! God’s will is contained in his word!