1. In all our suffering, we mustn’t lose sight of the Meaning of Life.
2. Our lives, with all their twists & turns, while the centre of our universes, and thus important to us, are not the centre of God’s universe
3. We must, like Job in Chapter 38, look at life from God’s perspective!
4. Life was created for God’s pleasure! (Revelation 4:11)
5. More particularly, life was created for the glory of Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 3.16).
6. God’s highest creation is the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27) and with our individual personalities and characters which are allowed in the family of man, Christians are being hewn far off site by all our trial & tribulations– like the stones of the Great Pyramid - to fit into precise places in the body of Christ: Ephesians 2.21-22 21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
7. This is the meaning of life!
8. We have seen the other side of disobedience to God (the progress of suffering and lack) since the fall of Adam.
9. We can’t expect our Father to live with a lot of disobedient children for eternity all doing what they want to! (If Christ had to return now, would people listen to him?)
10. It’s like Solomon said after a life filled with all manner of experiences (and with his wisdom): Solomon 12.13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
11. But I say - after only 2 wives & with respect to Solomon - that Psalm 2.12 Kiss the Son - also Old Testament - is the whole duty of man - the core meaning of life - for without this you are destroyed out of life!
12. But how, (in extracting the body of Christ from the generations and mass of humanity) having regard to the lives of people going about doing what they will, will God achieve obedience forever by the Christians in the body of Christ?
13. The answer is by their love of God in his Son! (1 John 5:3) By bringing only those who love God (Old King James Bible 1611 Printing including the Apocrypha - 1 John 5.7) above everything they are experiencing in life (Revelation 12:11) into the body of Christ!
14. But the rebellion against God’s highest plan and purpose in his Son (Psalm 2.2-3 2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.) begun in the mists of the Old Testament, continues unabated.
15. Let’s face facts – if we are not obedient to God, we will forever be disobedient to a lower authority until mankind with its various factions / schisms / religions, destroys itself and the world!
16. You can become part of the body ofJesus by asking for it (Romans 10:13) until you know (1 John 5:13) that you have been re-born! (John 3:3)
17. And you will know that you have been re-born when you Kiss the Son (rather than rely on righteous deeds as inferred from Solomon)!