· Psalm 2.2-3: 2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
· Genesis 27:38 38And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept. 39And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above; 40And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.
· Genesis 27.41: 41And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob.
1. The whole world – and all its governments – north, south, east & west - is swamped in debt because of idolatry – the love of money (the Capitalist way! See Michael Rowbottam - The Grip of Death: A Study of Modern Money, Debt Slavery and Destructive Economics.
2. God is dealing with this idolatry in the last days, but in his way!
3. The future must follow God’s plan & purpose whether we know it, can see it, understand it or not.
4. And how can we know anything as it should be known if we 1) don’t know where the word of God is in the last days (Amos 8.12); and 2) every time God pricks us (as we all are at some time or other – Acts 9.5) about his precious Son, Jesus Christ, we ignore them / cast them from us.
5. The love of money is the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6.10)!
6. The 1st Commandment in every worthwhile religion is – Matthew 22.35-39: 35Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
7. This is why the love of money is the root of all evil – because people (idolaters) love money more than they love God: James 5.1-3 1Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. 2Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. 3Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
8. Today more than 95% of all money is ‘invested’ by the rich men in the e-money market! The derivative market is estimated by some to be $1.5 quadrillion with the world turnover (GDP) to be $150 trillion!
9. The love of money is covetousness! Covetousness is idolatry (Colossians 3.5)
10. So – in the last days God is pitting the love of money (idolatry) against the love of the Lord thy God.
11. He who loves money more than God will take 1) the mark, or 2) the name, of the beast, or 3) the number of his name (Revelation 13.17), or 4) the mark of his name (Revelation 14.11) in his right hand or in his forehead or, 5) worship the beast, or 6) his image (Revelation 14.9)!
12. No one who receives 1) to 6) above can enter into eternal life (Revelation 14.9-11)
13. Likewise, no one who 5) worships the beast, or 6) his image (Revelation 14.9), can be saved!
14. It can be said that taking the mark of the beast is the way that Esau is going to kill Jacob spiritually and / or physically after all the years he threatened to do soi!
15. And this is the image of the beast:
15.1.Amos 5.26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
15.2.Acts 7.43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.
16. Yet, despite the rebellion of men against him (as the rebellion of the angels before (Revelation 12.4)), God has put his King – the Messiah / the Saviour / the Christ - on the holy hill of Zion: (Old Testament Psalm 2.6).
17. But … another question goes a-begging: Is God, by reason of idolatry (inter alia), is God going to destroy mankind again as in the days of Noah? Yes and No! Mark 13.19 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.