Written by Tony Webbstock.
Revelation 14:11 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
- Creation is for God, not God for Creation – Job 28:7 7There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture’s eye hath not seen:
- Accordingly, Creation must be looked at from God’s point of view, not ours:
2.1. Wisdom of Solomon 1:1212Seek not death in the error of your life: and pull not upon yourselves destruction with the works of your hands. 13For God made not death: neither hath he pleasure in the destruction of the living. 14For he created all things, that they might have their being: and the generations of the world were healthful; and there is no poison of destruction in them, nor the kingdom of death upon the earth: 15 For righteousness is immortal: 16 But ungodly men with their works and words called it to them: for when they thought to have it their friend, they consumed to nought, and made a covenant with it, because they are worthy to take part with it.
2.2. Romans 11:3232For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
2.3. Matthew 10:32-39: 32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 33But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
2.4. 2 Esdras 9:15-16 15 I have said before, and now do speak, and will speak it also hereafter, that there be many more of them which perish, than of them which shall be saved: 16 Like as a wave is greater than a drop.
2.5. Romans 10:12-13: 12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- God never laughs in the Old King James Bible 1611 Printing including the Apocrypha! Hell is a very serious subject! How to avoid ending up there should be our prime consideration in life!
- Why did God create Hell – such a great destruction?
- Acts 4:10-12: 10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
- Hell serves to emphasise the importance of the name of Jesus – the name above any other name – forever!
- If we learn one thing in life, we must learn what is important to God – why did he create life?
- 1 John 5:10-13: 10He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. 11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. 13These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
- And the lesson of Life (and Death) – the name of God – must remain with us for eternity: 2 Esdras 2:42-48 42 I Esdras saw upon the mount Sion a great people, whom I could not number, and they all praised the Lord with songs. 43 And in the midst of them there was a young man of a high stature, taller than all the rest, and upon every one of their heads he set crowns, and was more exalted; which I marvelled at greatly. 44 So I asked the angel, and said, Sir, what are these? 45He answered and said unto me, These be they that have put off the mortal clothing, and put on the immortal, and have confessed the name of God: now are they crowned, and receive palms. 46 Then said I unto the angel, What young person is it that crowneth them, and giveth them palms in their hands? 47So he answered and said unto me, It is the Son of God, whom they have confessed in the world. Then began I greatly to commend them that stood so stiffly for the name of the Lord. 48 Then the angel said unto me, Go thy way, and tell my people what manner of things, and how great wonders of the Lord thy God, thou hast seen.